The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission publishes Consumer Experience Reports on residential aged care services. We are also working on applying the reports to the home and community aged care sector in 2019.
Consumer Experience Reports are aimed at promoting consumer choice by capturing the consumer experience of the quality of care and services in aged care. A report is compiled after our quality assessors ask consumers a standardised set of interview questions during a quality review or site audit on a service. The answers are then collated (without individually identifying interviewees) in a Consumer Experience Report on the service.
For residential aged care services, Consumer Experience Reports are published alongside the site audit report for each home in the 'Find a Report' section of the Commission's website.
This information can assist consumers in making a choice about a service:
- Download a generic sample CER report on a residential aged care service (PDF, 261.25 KB)
- Download an accessible generic sample CER report on a residential aged care service
- Download Consumer Experience Report trends data from the former Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (PDF, 967 KB)
For more information visit:
- Consumer Experience Reports in residential aged care
- Consumer Experience Reports in home and community care