Preparing for the new Standards
Our Preparing for the new Standards events are now sold out.
We are currently planning a series of dates for standalone public workshops.
Registrations for these workshops will open soon.
The aged care sector is going through a period of significant change. A key aspect of the reforms is the introduction of the new Aged Care Quality Standards. These standards will come into effect on 1 July 2019 and will strengthen the focus on quality outcomes for the consumer.
Our one-day ‘Preparing for the new Standards’ events have been designed to provide practical support to aged care providers to assist with preparing for the new Standards.
The program will include plenary sessions and a workshop that will focus on the practical implementation of the Standards by encouraging providers to:
- think about how the new Standards will influence their organisation’s culture and inform their practices;
- consider ways to enhance consumer focus and engagement to improve consumer outcomes;
- measure and evaluate activities/processes to ensure they can demonstrate performance against the Standards; and
- identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
These events will be specifically targeted at aged care services providers and senior staff to support them during the second half of the transition year. These may include:
- Approved providers
- Chief executive officers
- Board members
- Directors of care
- Education and Quality Managers
- Health professionals
- Allied health professionals
A two-day Darwin event will be held during May. The program for this event will be targeted specifically towards rural and remote services. Relevant services will be contacted directly with information about the event including how they can register. This event will be then open to the public for broader registration in early March.