Lodge a complaint
You can submit a complaint through our Online Complaints Form.
We will respond to you during business hours; within 24 to 48 hours after receiving your complaint. If your matter is urgent, please free call 1800 951 822.
Free call 1800 951 822 (Note: mobile phone users may incur charges) between 9am and 5pm weekdays, or leave a phone message.
If you need an interpreter you can ask us to arrange one when you call. Alternatively, you can contact one of the services below and ask them to help contact us on 1800 951 822:
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) - 131 450
- Aboriginal Interpreter Service (AIS) - 1800 334 944
- Kimberley Interpreting Service (KIS) – 08 9192 3981
You can also download our Translated information for people receiving aged care poster (PDF, 777.92 KB) which provides information in multiple languages on how to contact us using an interpreter.
If you are hearing or speech impaired contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users: phone 1800 555 677 then ask for our number 1800 951 822
- Speak and Listen users: phone 1800 555 727 then ask for our number 1800 951 822
- Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service and enter 1800 951 822.
You can write a letter to us, at:
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
GPO Box 9819, in your capital city
Make sure your letter includes:
- your name, address and telephone number
- the date you are lodging your complaint
- details of your complaint, including specific dates of events and relevant comments
- the name of the aged care home or service and the state/territory in which it is located
- the name of the person receiving aged care that your complaint relates to.
Give us your feedback about an aged care service
You can also give us feedback about the quality of care and services you have received, to inform an audit or quality review of an aged care service. This information helps the Commission in accrediting, assessing and monitoring Australian Government funded aged care services against quality standards.
Call us on 1800 951 822 (free call) and select option 2 or ask to provide feedback on an aged care service. You can also email Audit.Feedback@agedcarequality.gov.au.
Please note that this is a separate service to lodging an official complaint about an aged care service.
Complaints about us
If you would like to make a complaint about a service provided by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, please visit our Complaints about us page.